Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Beer Couture

Who said beer inspired products had to be cheesy, sleazy and cheapo?  Out with macro brand chatzkys and in with Craft!

Ideas about designer beer inspired products have been flying around my head for a couple of years.   Beer is the priority, so we've been funneling all our resources towards stainless steel.  You can imagine just how big my eyes got when I ran into zazzle?   I'm in complete fascination and wasted no time in opening my very own online "Brewery Boutique".  What is one to do at 3:56 a.m. when one can't sleep? Design a new product! This mini messenger bag was inspired by my painting "Hop Medley".  I've been fixated on painting hops for some time.  Part of the reason is because hops are so symbolic of beer.  It's been difficult to find hop images I love and even harder to create them.  This particular piece was the result of my playing around with henna design.  I incorporated curves and swirls to the cones and leaves.

While most of my free time is currently consumed with learning web design and building out the Shades of Pale website, I'm sure I'll come back to zazzle to build out a designer beer collection.  Could this be a new genera of products?  I suppose we could consider it Beer Couture!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment